- University of CT, Provostâ€™s Award for Alumni, Excellence in Outreach and Public Engagement, 2011
- 2009 Hartford Courantâ€™s Tapestry Award
- 2008 National Education Association’s (NEA) Virginia Uribe Award for Creative Leadership in Human Rights at the Association’s 42nd annual Human and Civil Rights Awards Dinner
- 2008 Social Worker of the Year (National Association of Social Workers, CT Chapter).
- Who’s Who in America, 2002-2008
- Author of a curriculum published in a Child Welfare League of America Journal article on lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender youth issues curriculum (June, 2006).
- National Association of Multicultural Education (2006);
- Leadership award from the New Haven Gay and Lesbian Community Center (2005)
- Diversity Leadership award from the Yale School of Nursing (2003);
- Leadership Recognition award from the Pride Community Center(2002);
- â€œOne Woman Makes a Differenceâ€, presented by the Connecticut Women’s Education and Legal Fund (CWEALF) (1999);
- Sexuality Educator of the Year (1997),
- Legislative Educational Advocacy Project (LEAP) award for outstanding youth organizing (1997)
- Gay Lesbian Straight Education Network (GLSEN CT) award for her efforts to create a safer, more equitable environment for LGBT youth and their allies in schools (1996).
- Award from the CT State Department of Children and families in 2008.